The corner of 20th and Market Street will soon be looking at lot different.
Brandywine Realty Trust, which was named Developer of the Year by Development Magazine, is teaming up with Berwyn-based real estate company LCOR to construct the new 28-story mixed-use tower .
Hunter Roberts Construction is managing the process of building the 460,000-square-foot tower, which was designed by Barton Partners.
There will be twelve units per floor above the fourth floor, except for the top three floors, which will have larger penthouses on the 26th & 27th floors, with an amenities floor on the very top.
The apartments will range from studios to two bedrooms, and the corner units will have large balconies.
- 321 luxury apartmentsExcept for the lobby, the entire first floor will have retail space, and the second floor will have office space. The commercial space will total approximately 25,000 square feet on both floors. The third and fourth floors will have two-level loft apartments facing Market Street.
- 24,000 square feet of office space for Blue Cross
- Five-Story parking garage for 215 cars
- Ground-floor retail space for CVS pharmacy
- Full concierge service
- Fitness center
- Rooftop ledge pool
- Outdoor roof garden with fire pit
- Game room with golf simulator
- Target completion date: 2016.
The tower will have dark have multi-colored glass window panels. The glass panels will have a random pattern and come in four colors: blue, green, light gray, and silver.
A parking structure will rise five stories on the north side of the property at Commerce Street, and will accommodate 215 parking spaces. The parking garage will also have 108 bike storage spaces and retail space on 20th Street.
The developers plan to obtain LEED Silver certification for the tower, with features such as Energy Star appliances, low-flow showers, energy-efficient lighting and mechanical systems, and storm water management.
Foundation work for the shiny 367 feet tall building is presently underway.