Friday, May 9, 2014

Electrician Shocked While Working at Courthouse Square

An electrician was shocked yesterday while working in an office suite in the Washington County, Pennsylvania, Courthouse Square Building. He was working on the wiring in a suite of offices on the seventh floor when he touched a live wire and the metal grid that supports the ceiling tiles, according to reports.

An ambulance transported Adam Betzler, a Washington County electrician hired last year, from the Courthouse Square office building shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday after he received an electrical shock while working on wiring in a seventh-floor office suite.

He was working in offices that has been undergoing renovations.

They housed a county finance department, human services and veterans affairs.

The shock knocked him backward, but he stayed on his feet, the Sheriff's deputy said.

Betzler was able to walk to the Buildings and Grounds Department where the paramedics were called.

“He was going to turn the lights out,” said Irene Farabee, financial analyst for the county, who then “saw him shake his hand.”

The suite of offices has been undergoing renovations for the past few months.